Saturday, May 22, 2010

Toy Stores

It's been years since I've been in a toy store. But today I went with my grandson. I don't remember toy stores being so large and having so many choices. It took us quite a while just to move through every aisle. There are a lot of nice toys - and there was a good amount of junk. I remember the junk from my kids were young - you know - it's the stuff that breaks or loses pieces almost immediately, but comes in just attractive packaging or gives the illusion of hours of play that the kids immediately want it. Thankfully, my grandson is too young to know he's being spoiled and so too young to be demanding. He also was happy with everything that I showed him, so I got to pick some nice trucks and cars (baby safe ones.)

At the check out the cashier/associate (what do they call them this decade?) asked me if I wanted to join their frequent shoppers club. She didn't bother telling me what it would do for me or how it might benefit future purchases. She just knew. I suppose she sees a lot of Grammys pass by. I didn't disappoint her - I knew that I'd be back. Probably a lot.

After all, how can I adequately spoil my granddaughter and grandson without a toy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment