Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day.

It's been, what, seven years since my mom died? I don't even remember the exact date any longer. It was at the end of February. I suppose I should remember the year and exact day, but I just don't want to. I suppose if it was important to me, I'd remember it. But, for some reason, it's more important for me not to remember the details.

If I let myself think about it, I supposed I would think it was a little wacky, but I don't tend to let myself think about it. The important fact is I no longer have a mother. I try to understand it sometimes. Why I don't have a mother. But I can't do anything about it, so I focus on my children.

But another Mother's Day has come to an end. I'm safe for another year.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine not having a mother. That is one of the most terrible things I can think of....I love you!

    ReplyDelete