Sunday, May 30, 2010

Outside

Have I mentioned that I have grown to hate being outside? It's nothing personal - I used to love the great outdoors. But it affects me differently now.

Yesterday morning I cut my grass and spent some time outdoors with my daughter in the afternoon. All day today I've had a sinus headache.

This evening I was outside planting some tomatoes, herbs, and flowers. Less than an hour. I came back in with no less than 9 mosquito bites!

The great outdoors seems to harbor some ill will toward me. Some grudge from days gone by. I don't know. But the feeling is becoming mutual.

I think someday in the future if I could have any outdoor space that I want, I would want a balcony high above the mosquitoes or a screened in porch under the shade of a large tree. I like the outdoors now when it's not really outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment