Thursday, May 27, 2010

Free Time

There is a long weekend coming. I can't wait. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while. I had nothing on the schedule. Three whole days with nothing to do but work on my "to do" list and enjoy the quiet solitude.

Well, that was the plan. Somehow I now have something on the schedule - I'm visiting my daughter. I'm happy to have time with her, but I'm also feeling stressed to have something on the schedule. I've waffled about this, but I've finally decided how to handle it.

I've decided to wait until afternoon - I'll get as much done as I can in the morning and just about the time I would have given up to the sofa, I'll leave for the visit. So, I think I can live with giving up a bit of my long-awaited weekend with nothing on the schedule.

Ah, a guilt free visit. Much better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to again share this little tidbit that my friend shared with me that I really liked: when you are on your deathbed, do you think that you will be saying, "I should have done more dishes"? I think not. I mean, I hope not. I'm not gonna chastise you too much since I'm an addict to a "to do" list too, but I'm glad you were able to find a way to balance your weekend in a way that includes me :)

    ReplyDelete