Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recommendations

How do you recommend a book to someone? I love most books. Even the ones that are hard to get through, I feel as though I've come away with something valuable. I've never had a book be so bad that I didn't want to finish it. I have always found that books fill in the little empty spaces in my soul. I assumed others feel the same way, but I've come - grudgingly - to the conclusion that other people aren't like me.

I've recommended books to people who brought them back after a few chapters, just unable to go on. These were books that I found facinating. And some of the people have loved other books I've recommended. How can they react that way? How can they be in tune with what I like than then turn around and not?

So it's a puzzle. I have chalked it up to other people just being crazy. How can they like some of the books I like but not others . . . crazy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment