Monday, February 15, 2010

A Perfect Cup of Tea

Some days my morning cup of tea is okay, sometimes it's a little bitter, sometimes too hot, sometimes too cool, and sometimes it's perfect.

The cup, amazingly, makes a difference - too large and it will have too much time to steep and then will get cold while you are trying to drink it all. Too small and it's just over too quickly. And, of course, getting used to the amount of sweetener for the different size cups is always problematic.

Today's cup of tea was perfect. I think what made the difference is what I was eating at the same time. If the food is slightly sweet, that taste lingers in your mouth and gives the tea just a little extra sweetness. Today's breakfast was dry Honey Nut Cheerios - eaten dry while I did class paperwork. Perfect.

It was so perfect, that I think I'll have another cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment