Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mascara

One thing that is crucially important to any aging woman's cosmetic supply is mascara. When you are young, no one tells you that your eyelashes will "thin out" as you get older.

But I find buying mascara to be one of the most difficult tasks. There are different shaped wands and formulas that are supposed to lengthen, separate, darken, and thicken. It used to be you only had to pick waterproof or regular and whether you wanted black, brown, or brown/black - although back when I was in high school blue was also popular, but that's another story.

No matter which one I purchase, shortly after taking it home I find that I don't really like it. It's too clumpy, or not dark enough, or just ineffective. And if, by chance, I find one I like, the next time I bring it home it's not the same. This means that my cosmetic drawer never has less than 4 different mascaras at any given time.

I watch all the commercials that show the models and actresses with lashes that are about 2 inches long and I am sure that this brand will work, but it never looks as nice on me as it does on them. I've come to believe that maybe they are wearing false eyelashes.

I don't think I'll go that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment