Friday, February 19, 2010

One Sick Puppy

Is there anything scarier than someone who replies on you completely being sick. I thought it was bad when my children were little - but I never expected it to be as scarey when a dog gets sick.

Well, to be honest, she doesn't have a lot of wiggle room. She is only 3 1/2 pounds. So when she goes on a hunger strike she can get dehydrated in one day.

I know I'm not the only person to treat their pet like a family member. It's hard not to do. My Winnie is there for me. There is nothing that will make her happier than to be right on top of me. It doesn't matter if I'm standing, sitting, or laying, she wants to be touching me. If we are out somewhere and she gets nervous, she tries to crawl into my purse - even if I'm carrying a clutch. It makes her feel safe - like I won't leave her behind - if she's sitting in or on my purse.

If I cry, she licks my tears. If I'm sore, she's the best heating pad. If I want to be lazy, she doesn't judge. If I want to be active, she will dance around my feet the whole time.

How can I help but worry when she's under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment