Friday, February 12, 2010

Garbage Collection

I hate it when they change the garbage collection schedule. The only thing worse than taking out the trash is having to bring it back in.

Because of the snow over the weekend, they didn't pick up the trash on Sunday night. On Monday I left it out there, thinking that maybe they were just running late. By Tuesday when the snow was really coming down again, I moved the 2 bags up to the porch - I didn't want them to get stuck to the sidewalk ice and tear. Or worse, get hit by a plow.

I assumed that the trash wouldn't get picked up again on Wednesday night - blizzard in overdrive. And I was correct. Now this morning at 4:00 am I hear the garbage truck. This is not a garbage day! I lay in bed contemplating my options. I could spend a few more days with the trash bags on my porch or I could dash outside in my pajamas and toss the bags to the garbage truck workers.

I stayed in bed.

1 comment:

  1. Our trash and recycling hasn't been picked up either. The alley where they pick up is waist deep in snow so I imagine the truck isn't going to make it there....No clue when they'll come again.

    Last time the recycling picked up, we had forgotten to put it out and I had to put Hannah in her high chair and run out there in the snow in my slippers. There wasn't as much snow at that point thought.

    ReplyDelete