Saturday, February 13, 2010

New

Yesterday I was online looking at houses. No, I'm not moving. But sometimes I like to look. It's not that I want a big house on a beautifully landscaped lot. I dream of new.

My house was built in about 1892 -- if you believe the date and signature inside the wall in the upstairs hallway. It's never looked new. Now, 31 years later, it really looks run down - since it's hard to keep up with an old house on a very limited income.

So my dream is for something new - brand new. Something no one but me has ever lived in. Something with no nail holes in the walls. Something with no dirt on the carpet and no sratches on the hardwood floors. Something that can be all mine.

Now, I know that short of winning the lottery, I'll never have that. But I sure like to dream.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever win the lottery, I will buy you a brand-spanking-new condo. Promise.

    Can you link your blog to Buzz? That way when you put up a new post, I'll see it there and can click on it from them? I'm really liking Buzz. It's more convenient than Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete