Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dogs vs. Cats

While there are many other types of pets, most of the world is divided into the dog camp or the cat camp. I am a living example that we don't always voluntarily select what camp we're in.

I like cats. Cats suit my personality. I like the size of cats. I like the independence of cats. I like the feel of cats. I like the purring of cats. I just like cats.

When I was young I lived on a farm and we always had cats. Most lived under the porch and hung out on the porch most of the time. Some were barn cats and you couldn't get close enough to them to enjoy them.

But . . . I'm very allergic to cats. So I have a dog. And the dog I have now is smaller than most cats.

Sometimes you get to make choices in life, and sometimes the choices are made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment