Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fast Food

I stopped at a fast food establishment on my way home from the college tonight because I was starving and didn't want to have to wait to cook something.

Instead of having the drive through menu at the beginning of the driveway, it was at the same location as the speaker. Within second of driving up I had some cheerful person asking me what I wanted. I paused. Umm. Ahh. "Just a minute." I read as quickly as I could. What did I want? I told her one item and did a few more Umm's and Ahh's

Why is it that I felt the need to order quickly just because I was at a fast through drive through? There was no one behind me. It was nearly 8:30 at night. I was alone in the drive through. But I felt pressured. Finally I just ordered two of the first item just to get something out.

The order taker was apologetic when I got to the window. She commented that the building was going to be torn down in 6 months to rebuild and she's hoping they will put the menu further back on the drive so people have time to study and decide. I just smiled. She understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment