Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tea

I've never developed a taste for coffee. I love the smell of the fresh grounds, but I just never liked coffee. Everyone said that if you just start drinking it, you will soon be hooked, but I decided that I enjoyed enough beverages, so why teach myself to like one more. And the people who make it half a cup of milk, 20 teaspoons of sugar, and/or whipped cream are just comical. Once you make it a dessert, it really stops being a beverage.

I do like tea however. My favorite is just plain old black tea (not Lipton, too whimpy of a flavor.) I drink a very large cup every morning. Sometimes, if I'm in the mood later in the morning, I'll have another cup of some other black blend - often with a few spices thrown in for good measure. Once lunchtime has passed, if I want tea I will stick with green tea (less caffeine.) And once dinnertime has passed, I stick with herbals - my favorite is Red Zinger.

On special occasions I will drink Christmas Morning tea, Pumpkin Spice tea, or any other festive tea - but most of the time I'm happy with my standard British blend black tea for my morning ritual.

I don't know how or why I came to enjoy tea. I came from a family of coffee drinkers. If you did have tea in the house it was always a Lipton-like tea (bland) that was used to make ice tea -- which by the way I don't enjoy at all, hot or nothing.

Yes, I know, I'm just completely atypical.

No comments:

Post a Comment