Friday, January 29, 2010

Guess What I Did

Yesterday did something that I'd never done before - I went the wrong way on a one-way street. Really!

I was traveling to a new part of the town where my office is - and as I got off the exit ramp it said "Keep Left" and I guess I kept a little too left. I turned onto what I found out was a divided part of the road. The second I turned I saw cars up ahead at the light and they all were facing me. Uh Oh!

There was no possiblity of backing up - behind me was a very large intersection of people coming off the highway. Up ahead of me - no more than 10 yards - was an opening in the road where I could swerve back over to my side. There was just one problem, there were four cars coming straight at me. I stayed as close to the side where the opening was and just stopped and turned on my signal to let them know what I was trying to do. But the old man directly in front of me decided he would rather NOT drive around me, but instead sit in his car and mouth what I'm sure was horrible obscenitiees and wave a fist at me. And when I say old man, I meant old!

Well, eventually he swerved around me - all the while still shaking his fist and mouthing words I was glad I couldn't hear. The 3 cars behind me just shook their head - they felt sorry for me.

And I will never forget how that exit ramp is set up.

4 comments:

  1. How rude!!

    I can't believe you've never gone down a road the wrong way before....I've done it at least twice, and once in Hagerstown which is prob dumb since that's where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very scary experience. The good thing was there were no cars around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS..Bonnie, are you on face book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm on facebook - but not much.

    ReplyDelete