Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Moving

Our office is moving this weekend and so this week, in addition to trying to get my regular work done, I have to pack. It is such a pain to take everything in your office (out of the cabinets and desks, of course) and pack it in boxes. It's even more of a pain to unpack it or live amid the clutter afterward.

But what I really find disturbing is as we're cleaning out storage cabinets, we're finding things that don't work or are clearly broken. Now, why, when faced with an office object that breaks, would someone decide to buy a new one and just put the old one in storage? My first thought, but it may just be me, would be to throw it away. But we have at least a pickup truck worth of stuff to toss - broken, outdated, or otherwise replaced items.

It's a puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment