Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions

Just today - as I was reading a magazine article called "Nine Secrets of Motivated People" - I realized that I didn't make any New Year resolutions this year.

I have always made resolutions. Even if they are the same resolutions that I made the week before or the month before. There is something about that new year, new beginning, new you ideology that just sucks you in. But this year, almost as if I didn't realize that the new year was beginning, I didn't.

Hmmm. Wonder what that means?

Maybe it's because I am okay with who I am. Maybe I just didn't want the added pressure. Maybe I know that I'll break them within a month anyway. Maybe I just forgot.

I did, however, accomplish my other New Year's Day custom - I went out to eat with family. Oh, well, I guess I can save the resolutions until next year.

2 comments:

  1. Love your New Years Day custom. Hoping to adopt that custom in the future when distance isn't an issue.

    My goal is to "be happy". As one of our friends says, " My resolution is to eat more ice cream this year." Mine is not to eat more ice cream (we eat to much already), but just to chill out and remember to stop and smell the roses.I look forward to this resolution. Let's see, how are we doing?......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who'd you go out to eat with this year? Chip? I told Eric about our custom and I thought about keeping it up, but then didn't. :(

    Work jargon has me stumped on the new years resolution. We create goals that are SMART (S???, Measurable, Attainable, R??, T???--totally forget what that acronym stand for) so now it makes me think that a goal like "be more patient" (which was going to be mine) is not good because I can't measure "more". I'm overthinking it, I know. The year I resolved to floss daily went well. I still floss daily and that was years ago that I resolved that. The "write every day" goal also worked well until I moved to Virginia Beach anyway...So no resolutions this year. I have enough on my plate without setting goals. hahah!

    ReplyDelete