Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moving Day

Yesterday, because of the undecided nature of what exactly this approaching snow storm was going to do, our movers asked if we were ready and would we mind getting moved that afternoon. The boss said yes. Since I was the only one without evening plans (as usual) I volunteered to stay late - until everything was moved in.

They were nice guys and were no trouble at all - but they didn't want to read the diagram of offices to determine which was one and which was five - so I spent a few hours running back and forth directing traffic. Room two? The one with the yellow chair. Room nine? That's the kitchen. And so on until 7:00 pm.

And now, comes the really time-consuming part - we have to unpack.

1 comment:

  1. You?? Without evening plans on a regular basis?? Who are you kidding? Between all the stuff you volunteer for and the class you teach, you ALWAYS have evening plans!!

    I hope your boss provided you with some recognition for going above and beyond to see that through. (I'm reading The Carrot Principle right now for work--it's all about how employees are WAAAAAY more effective when provided with recognition. Good book. I'm trying to figure out how I can apply it to my family....)

    ReplyDelete