Saturday, June 5, 2010

Grandson

I sat on the floor with my grandson today and played with him. It was so sweet. He shook toys and smled and laughed at me. He let me read him a book - until he took it away because I wasn't getting to the end quickly enough - and nodded and babbled along with the words.

I tried to get him to take a nap once - which lasted about 20 minutes - but I did get him to lay on a blanket on the floor with me and play quietly. He kept looking over at me and trying to tell me something - which must have been a joke because it was cracking him up. After about 40 minutes of that I turned on the light and we sat up to see what was on Nick Jr. He seemed rested and happy - though I wondered if he was going to crash early once he got home.

I like being a Grammy. It doesn't allow me to get much housework done, but it sure is fun.

2 comments: