Friday, June 4, 2010

Festivals

Today the activity outside my window is bustling. There is an arts festival on the promenade this weekend and vendors have been setting up cabanas and canopies all day. I don't envy them - it's really hot out there.

I like towns that have fastivals. Its nice to give the residents something fun to do - and the crafts and indulgent food tents are just icing on the cake.

I won't get to visit this festival. Unfortunately I don't live in this town. But I'm glad that I get to see it progressing.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I love about going to Eric and Terri's is knowing there is a lot to do. It was inspiring going to the concert in the park and feeling a sense of community, and then going to the Flower Festival was fun too. Kalamazoo, the city over from us has festivals, however we have yet to make it to one. With Brian's work schedule we are limited on our social life. I love it when my sister and her daughter come to town. We find girly things to do and they are game for anything, and we have no restrictions cause Brian can stay home and rest before work. Looking forward to fun times this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete