Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Promenade

I love the area I work in. I wish I lived here.

Outside my window there is a wonderful brick promenade on both sides of the Creek. There are benches, grassy areas, and fountains. On a couple nights each month they set up a canopy and have banks play at the outdoor amphitheater (stepped tiers of grass.) They are setting up now for a festival this weekend - marking off booth spaces, putting up a few cabanas. This morning I arrived to find someone sleeping on a bench inside one of the cabanas.

My favorite thing to watch from my window, however, are the dogs. They love to play in the small fountain. It's just a small round pool with a little jet of water shooting several inches up - just enouch to keep the water moving in the pool. This morning there was a very large German Shepherd romping around the small circle. He made galloping laps around the edge of the pool and tried to catch the water spraying up. It was fun to watch.

Its supposed to be pretty warm today - maybe I'll walk down for ice cream later and enjoy the promenade.

No comments:

Post a Comment