Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Exercising

It's not that I don't enjoy exercising . . . it's just that there are so many other things damanding my time . . . that I enjoy more.

Well, recently I bought a recumbent bicycle from my dughter's neighbor.  For the first week it gathered dust (one of those weeks.)  Then I began to get on it a little here and there - I couldn't decide if morning or evening was going to work better for me.  I still haven't decided, so I do both, though not on the same day.

At first I could be on it for about 6 minutes, but now I can do 15-20.  I'm not using a lot of resistence or any of the complicated workouts it provides, there is plenty of time for that and the simple workouts are plenty complicated.

I've come to the conclusion that this is probably the best exercise equipment that I could have bought.  It doesn't take up much room (at least for me - I'm short), it's relatively quiet, and it works out my hips and knees - which, let's face it, are where us "elders" start giving out first (well, right after the eyes.) My hips and knees have begun to ache less.  How cool is that?

Right now I'm watching TV while riding.  The shelf is a little small for a book (and the book keeps closing anyway) and the lighting isn't the best where I have the bike (which I'm working on.)  I think I might try listening to audio books while I ride also.

Maybe I can stick with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment